International Conference on Biodiversity Conservation and
Education for Sustainable Development
Learning to Conserve Biodiversity in a Rapidly Changing World
October 13,14, Hyderabad, India
Output Document on International Conference on Biodiversity Conservation and Education for Sustainable Development
- The Conference outcomes will provide inputs to
- Point 3.2 of the agenda of COP 11
- The education component of the UNESCO Biodiversity Initiative
- The UN Decade of Biodiversity
- The Communication, Education and Public Awareness (CEPA) Plan of Action 10 (strengthening formal and informal
education on biodiversity) of the Convention on Biological Diversity.
- A set of recommendations on integrating Biodiversity into ESD will emerge as an outcome to the Conference.
- The Conference recommendations will include a road map for ESD and biodiversity conservation towards the End of the Decade
DESD Conference in Japan in 2014.
- The conference will provide an effective forum for exchange of knowledge and experiences,
and promote increased networking and the fostering of partnerships for integrating Biodiversity into ESD.