Education Officer for Sundarvan, Ahmedabad
Sundarvan is a Nature Discovery Centre of Centre for Environment Education. It is recognized as a Mini Zoo by the Central Zoo Authority of Government of India, an apex body that governs zoos in India. Sundarvan plays a major role in sensitizing and appreciation of wildlife and its conservation. It conducts various programmes in the campus and outside to different target groups to achieve this.
The incumbent will be part of Sundarvan’s Team engaged in assignments such as:
- Interacting with visitors and giving exhibit information.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of special events.
- Assisting education programmes for schools and others.
- Assisting/conducting training and capacity building programme for different groups.
- Developing resource materials.
- Developing project proposals.
- Planning and conducting outreach programmes for different groups.
- Visiting schools to introduce our programmes and packages.
- Networking with educational institutions and other partners.
- Initiating collaboration with institutions of same interest for knowledge sharing and to carry out programmes.
- Doing snake and bat awareness programmes at the Park
- The incumbent should have good analytical and interpersonal skills along with strong organizational ability.
- Must be able to obtain, analyze and evaluate a variety of information, organize, interpret and present.
- First Class Masters in Science, preferably Life Science.
- Good communication skills in English and Gujarati.
- Knowledge of computer applications and internet is essential.
Consolidated Salary: Rs.25,000/- per month
Nature of Appointment
Initially for a period of 1 year on Fixed Term basis.
How to apply
Those interested may send in their detailed C.V. by mail alongwith a 200 word
write-up on ‘why do you want to take up this job in Sundarvan’ to: firstname.lastname@example.org post to Park Manager, Sundarvan, Jodhpur Tekra,
S. M. Road, Ahmedabad – 380015, Ahmedabad. Mobile: 9408872745 by 15th February, 2015.